Open Water Diver Course
Want to become a scuba diver? Then your underwater adventure starts in Jeddah with the PADI Open Water Diver Course. The Open Water Diver Course teaches you the fundamentals of scuba diving and sets the foundation for all the other scuba dive courses.
This course allows you to scuba dive independently with a certified buddy, to a depth of up to 18 meters.
We start off by teaching you about diving and the Open Water. After this we take you to a swimming pool, where we teach you scuba diving skills and how to use the diving equipment. When you are ready, we progress to the real adventure, diving in the Red Sea! With so many excellent scuba dive sites to offer, Jeddah will not let you down.
The PADI Open Water Diver Course is one of the best of its kind in the world through which to learn to dive. It is conducted by one of our certified PADI Instructors.
Quick overview of the Open Water Diver Course
· Duration: 7 days
· Day 1 - 4: DVD & theory
· Day 5: Scuba diving sessions in one of the diving center`s swimming pool in Jeddah.
· Day 6 and 7: Four scuba dives in the Red Sea around Jeddah.
· You have the option of watching the scuba diving DVD and doing the course theory as a self-study in the comfort of your own home, or in our classroom. It’s your choice. There is also an e-learning option.
· Your diving course can be constructed around your schedule. You do not need to do the course in 7 consecutive days!
· Bring your swimsuit, sunscreen, towel, and a snack.
· Minimum age : PADI junior open water diver – 10 years.
· PADI open water diver – 15 years.
OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVE COURSE OUTLINE:
To do the PADI Open Water Diver Course will normally take you 7 days. These days do not need to be done consecutively – we can tailor make the diving schedule to suit your schedule!
Course day 1 – 4 Scuba dive theory
Before we can jump into the water and start scuba diving, we need to do a bit of course theory first to explain to you exactly how scuba diving works. There are two theory options to choose from:
The more traditional course option:
If you decide to use this option, you will receive a PADI crew pack with course theory materials. Your theory will consist out of the following:
· A DVD to watch (+- 3 hours long). You can choose to watch this DVD in the comfort of your home, or in our classroom.
· Some quizzes to do with the instructor, to make sure that you understand what you saw in the DVD. This is also a great opportunity to ask your instructor any questions that you might have about the scuba diving.
· Knowledge reviews – there is some course homework that need to be done in your manual.
· A course theory exam.
E-Learning scuba course
This is a great way to get your scuba dive theory done if you are pressed for time, or do not want to spend too much time on your holiday doing homework and studying. With PADI e-learning, you can do all of your course theory in the comfort of your home, long before your holiday even starts!
Please note that if you do a e-learning course, you will not be receiving a crew pack from us, as all your theory is online. Divers who follow this option would also need to buy their own log books. If you would like to sign up for the PADI e-learning, please click here.
Course day 5 – Pool sessions
By now you know the theory behind scuba diving, so on this day we take you to the pool to teach you how the equipment works, and to practice your scuba diving skills before we go to the Open Water. The pool that we use is in one of the diving centers, which makes for the ultimate convenience!
Our professional and knowledgeable instructors will make sure that you are well taught, and that you will be comfortable with your diving gear before we take you diving in the Open Water.
Course day 6 and 7: Open Water scuba dives around Jeddah.
This is what the course is all about! We now take you diving in the Open Water, where you get to practise your skills that you learnt in the pool. As an added bonus we also do some diving just for the fun of it. We do four dives altogether, after which you are ready to get certified!
This course is constructed in such a way as to teach you diving in a safe and exciting way. You can be rest assured that, as a PADI open water diver, your certification will be recognised anywhere you might go in the world.